top of page

Lesane's Story.

  • Writer: James Crofts Foudation
    James Crofts Foudation
  • Jun 19, 2018
  • 2 min read

In November 2013 when Lesane was just 5, he was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma.


He underwent 2 major brain operations in just 2 weeks to resect the tumour. Unfortunately because of the position on his tumour, the surgeons weren’t able to remove it all and a thin layer was left along his brain stem. He recovered well from the first 8 hour surgery and we were anxious to know how he fared.

We were elated to find out that he had made it and devastated only a week later when we were told that the official diagnosis was Medulloblastoma. In addition to this we were told that he needed another operation to remove another part of the tumour that had been missed.

The Neurosurgeons were confident they removed as much as they could but the radiographers disagreed so there was to be another 8 hour operation before we were once again relieved to be told that our son had made it through the operation and that all parties were happy with the result.


Lesane spent Christmas recovering in hospital though we made it as special a day as we could for him and our 4 other kids. He started Chemotherapy and Radiation on January 6th just 4 days shy of his 6th birthday. He is now half way through his first round of treatment which is to last a total of 31 sessions over 6 weeks. He has coped incredibly well despite only having one parent with him at a time and only seeing the rest of the family on weekends.

It was hard to witness our happy, healthy, active son become so unwell. And not knowing what to do or who to turn to made things even worse but slowly by slowly we are learning the ropes and finding people and support groups that are helpful.

t’s also good that the surgeons, nurses and everyone else at PMH, Princess Margaret Hospital and RMH, Ronald McDonald House have been amazing with both Lesane and our family thus far. We know we have a long road ahead of us but it makes life that little bit easier knowing we are starting to get some good help behind us.


Daniel and Jennie

Australind, WA

(02/02/2014)


Recent Posts

See All
Josh's Story

At the age of 17, Josh was diagnosed with a medulloblastoma brain tumour. Our teenage son, Josh, who had been a fit, healthy and sporty...

 
 
 

Comments


It has been brought to our attention that a "Leslie Christie" "Morrie Gunst" and other Aliases, has been informing people that we were shut down due to fraud??
This man is a sick and depraved coward that hides behind aliases to destroy the good work of the charity and its volunteers.
This charity has passed 26 years of audits and none of the office bearers or volunteers have benefited financially from the charity. In fact they have lost wages and time from their own jobs and lives to do the volunteer work.

It comes about from something that is unrelated to the charity.

The man spreading these untruths was disowned by his own mother due to his abuse of her when she was alive. She wrote him out of her will and when he contested it, the Supreme Court of WA upheld her wishes and the proceeds of her estate went to her Granddaughter.

He bitterly continues to abuse anyone that gave evidence of his abuse of his mother and other family members
A five-year Misconduct Restraining Order was awarded against him when he was abusive online to one of the volunteers of this charity, but he is now after 12 years of abuse targeting other family members in untruthful ways to indirectly be a nuisance (to say the least) to the volunteer. It would seem he has no conscience or care about the lives of others that only want to help people in need, or are in need themselves.

My understanding is that he lives interstate and is alone with no family or friends. He has totally isolated himself due to his nature.

Please prey for his healing and hopefully he has an epiphany one day soon. 

bottom of page